Innovation is often about small changes, variations, extensions and twists on what exists already. It could be a new perspective on an old idea or a new way of putting together old things. How innovative you are or could be very much depends on your environment, your perspective, your attitude and your confidence.
With that in mind here are some quick tips to channel your inner innovator:
- Ask questions. Poke holes in the accepted way of doing things and don’t be afraid to rethink some of the fundamental aspects of your product or service.
- Really get to know and understand the people you are trying to serve.
- Look for ways to make improvements to existing processes or products rather than change them entirely.
- Do something once a week that gets you out of your routine and comfort zone – it’ll shake up your thought processes and your perspective.
- Make time in your diary to just think. Some quiet time to reflect may be just what you need to get the creative juices flowing.
- See things that frustrate you as an opportunity to innovate. Focus on turning a negative into a positive.
- Listen with intent and give yourself time to really digest the information before reacting.
- Remember that doubt and uncertainty are inherent in situations where potential change is afoot.
- Play more.
- Don’t assume you are not an innovator; everyone has the potential to be creative.
- Don’t be afraid to try and fail.
- Write your ideas down and test them out as soon as possible.
Are you ready to start working on your next big idea?
Looking for a little extra guidance?
Book a free 15 minute phone or Zoom consultation
We will discuss your difficulties and your health and happiness goals. Plus we’ll begin creating a custom strategy to get you back on your right path!
No matter what it is, we are here to help! Together, we’re going to get to the bottom of the beliefs and habits that may be holding you back from your healthiest, happiest life.